Each Wedding at Bishop Auckland Methodist Church is a blessed occasion which we enjoy sharing with our wedding couples. They can be personalised to the wedding couple’s wishes, regarding music, readings and even the order of service.
- To book a wedding, please contact the minister to see if your desired date is available and to make an appointment to talk through your initial ideas.
- Please then print the wedding booking form if you can and fill in the first page to bring with you to the initial meeting with the minister or else you can fill in this online wedding booking form. He will then talk through with you what you need to think about in order to fill in the second page closer to your wedding date.
- The cost of the wedding in 2022 will be between £360 and £520 depending what you choose to include. Please talk to the minister about your requirements.
The minister’s fee is to be transferred by BACS to the minister and the rest of the fee to the church by BACS.
BACS details will be given once the fee is agreed.
- The church organ can provide a traditional sound to walk you down the aisle and out again at the end as the happy couple as well as to any hymns desired.
- Alternatively or in addition, the church can also offer PowerPoint and/or audio files giving the option of including picture loops and/or favourite tracks into your special day.
- In February each year, there is a preparation event where all wedding couples for that year will be invited to attend to allow more discussion of possibilities, an exchange of ideas and a chance to meet more of the team who will be involved in making your day special. This year’s meeting for 2022 is on 12th Feb 2022 10am-11.30am. Anyone interested in getting married in the church at any point is welcome to this annual event, those getting married in that particular year in the church are encouraged to attend.
- The marriage schedule obtained from the registrar confirms that your date is set, and is a legal document necessary for the marriage to take place (please ensure you have given notice of your intention to marry to the registrar at least 28 days before the wedding to apply for this form). No deposit is then required, we are happy to receive payment in instalments but payment in full should be made by at the latest the time of the wedding rehearsal. Please plan to pay by cheque or ask us for the church’s BACS details.
We wish you God’s blessings as you prepare for your big day and for the many years of marriage that will follow.
|There are no longer any legal restrictions for weddings. However the church recommends encouraging guests to use the QR venue code to check in on the NHS Covid app, sanitise hands on entry and to wear masks inside the building to keep themselves and other building users. See our national church guidelines here|