Government guidance is summarised below. Please contact the minister, Rev John, by clicking here.
|Marriage ceremonies should have no more than 15 people in attendance, and social distancing should be strictly adhered to. See more detail in the Guidance for small marriages and civil partnerships during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.|
Each Wedding at Bishop Auckland Methodist Church is a blessed occasion which we enjoy sharing with our wedding couples. They can be personalised to the Bridal couple’s wishes, regarding music, readings and even the order of service.
- The cost of the wedding will be between £350 and £500 depending what you choose to include. Please talk to the minister about your requirements.
- To book a wedding, please contact the minister to see if your desired date is available and to make an appointment to talk through your initial ideas.
- Please then print the Wedding booking form if you can and fill in the first page to bring with you to the initial meeting with the minister. He will then talk through with you what you need to think about in order to fill in the second page closer to your wedding date.
- The church organ can provide a traditional sound to walk you down the aisle and out again at the end as the happy couple as well as to any hymns desired.
- Alternatively or in addition, the church can also offer PowerPoint and/or audio files giving the option of including picture loops and/or favourite tracks into your special day.
- In Feb/March each year, there is a preparation meeting where all Bridal couples for that year will be asked to attend to allow more discussion of possibilities, an exchange of ideas and a chance to meet more of the team who will be involved in making your day special. This year’s meeting was on 8th Feb 2020 10am-12noon. Anyone interested in getting married in the church at any point is welcome to this annual event, those getting married in that particular year in the church are encouraged to attend.
- Your blue forms from the registrar confirm that your date is set. No deposit is then required, we are happy to receive payment in instalments but payment in full should be made by at the latest the time of the wedding rehearsal. Please plan to pay by cheque or ask us for the church’s BACS details.
We wish you God’s blessings as you prepare for your big day and for the many years of marriage that will follow.